- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups carrots; shredded
- 2 cups sweet potato; sliced thinly
- 2 cups cabbage; shredded
- 1 cup turnips, sliced thinly or 1 8-oz can water chestnuts, sliced thinly
- 1 cup green beans; sliced diagonally
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, shredded
- 1 cup ground peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion. Add shrimp. Simmer until it changes color. Add soy sauce and sugar.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking until it is done. Add salt according to taste.
- Add peanuts. Simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
Lumpiang Sariwa Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan except the garlic.
- Boil in a very low fire, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Add the garlic. Set aside.
- 4 cups water
- dash of salt
To make the roll:
- Serve with sauce and finely chopped peanuts.